PowerTel Communications (Pvt) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority (ZESA), licensed by the Postal and Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (POTRAZ) as a Class ‘A’ Internet Access Provider. The company operates an optic fibre backbone network, an optic fibre distribution network and optic fibre and wireless access networks. The company operates in the dynamic information and communication technology sector, offering amongst other services, the versatile Internet of Things (IoT) business that encompasses Powertrack Fleet Management solution & Transformer Monitoring Solutions. The company continues with its thrust on converged services provision that address the totality of our clients’ needs whilst positioning the organization for improved business profitability. Powertel has a wide portfolio of products and services that addresses Business, Home and on-the-go solutions as follows:-
- IoT Solutions: Under this portfolio, Powertel offers asset monitoring solutions that encompass Powertrack Fleet Management Solutions, Transformer Monitoring and Generator Monitoring Solutions. :
- Powertrack Fleet Management Solutions: – This is a versatile fleet management and vehicle tracking solution that is guaranteed improve fleet administration and whilst business operational efficency. Businesses and individuals alike can monitor their fleet round from clock anywhere in the world. The scope of coverage includes Zimbabwe and all countries within the Southern African region.
Benefits of the Powertrack Fleet Management:-
- Realtime Vehicle Tracking
- Driver Behaviour Monitoring
- Fuel Management
- Assistance in recovering a stolen vehicle and much much more
- Carrier Services: The company offers high capacity links countrywide with capacity ranging from 2Mbps to multiples of STM1. The service is offered through Powertel’s backbone network. Customers of this service include manufacturing, telecommunications services operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Internet Access Providers (IAPs), Educational Institutions among others
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN): Powertel offers competitive Virtual Private Network (VPN) services to a broad range of customers. The service is enabled through Powertel’s vast metropolitan fibre network. The services include metro ethernet links (64Kbps to 10Mbps bandwidth, intra-city/town) and intercity links (with capacity from 64K to multiples of 1Mbps) that are complemented by Powertel’s SDH transmission backbone network. Powertel customers for this product include manufacturing companies, Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs), financial institutions, retail sector, mining, educational institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) amongst others.
- PowerConnect Home Fibre: Powertel offers Fibre to the Home (Ftth) services that provides high speed internet connectivity supporting the Remote Worker, Remote Learner, families and the Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs). This product utilises Gigabit Passive Optical Networks (GPON) Technology to connect homes to high speed internet. Alterntively, customers are connected using Point to Point Fibre to the Home (FttH). Currently services are available in Braeside, Good Hope, Moffat Heights (Avenues Area) and more areas are coming soon.
- Powertel Corporate Internet: The company offers reliable high speed internet bandwidth services to customers. The services are delivered via terrestrial optical fibre delivered into the country through submarine cable systems via Mozambique and Botswana thus ensuring redundancy. The business has a capacity of up to STM64 for this service.
- Powertel Mobility Solutions- Talk, Surf, laugh, chat… Never miss a moment!
- PowerConnect Broadband
- PowerConnect Voice (Prefix 08611…)
Powertel Communications offers PowerConnect mobile broadband and voice solutions that enable the combined benefits of flexibility and mobility to customers. Powertel’s Mobility solutions currently ride on Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) Technology which is on 3G with expectations to move to the Long-term Evolution (LTE) technology in the not too distant future. The mobility solutions have proven to be very affordable, making the product ideal for Business, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Social Groups, Families and individuals. Further, Powertel’s 08611 telephony service delivers superior quality voice services and related value added services through Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. The 08611 network currently interconnects with all mobile network operators in the country.