Q. What is PowerTel Communications?
A. Powertel Communications is an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) company which is fully licensed by Potraz to provide data communications services over a public data network. PowerTel Communications (Pvt) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zesa Holding
Q. How Do I Connect to Powertel Communications Pvt Ltd?
A. Simply give us a call or email us regarding the type of product and or service you require and our marketing and network operations will give you a quote and an installation plan. For our existing clients, the whole PowerTel team is at your disposal to do it right the first time.
Q. What are the benefits and advantages of connecting through PowerTel Communications?
- Tried and tested reliable brand
- First ICT company to offer connectivity services through optic fibre
- First to Offer 3G broadband.
- Future Ready network
- Flexible and easy to upgrade.
- Assured business going concern
- Ready to handle voice video and multimedia applications
- Bandwidth upgrade or downgrade on demand
- High speed access to branch information i.e. Sales volumes, inventory levels, finance and accounting.
- High speed access to customer information, account status, buying power, credit limit, etc without use of phone, fax, or courier service.
- Faster transaction processing due to real time online status.
- Unlimited availability of bandwidth
- Secure high quality communication channels available 24/7, 365days a year.
- Speed of installation & provisioning
- Independent path from phone company
- Service excellence & Unlimited bandwidth
- A wide range of ICT connectivity services
Q. What are Powertel’s Products and Services?
A. Optic fibre is a telecommunications cable used as a medium for the transmission of signals from one point to another, be they data or voice. The optic fibre cable uses light to carry the signals. Optic fibre cable has a higher transmission capacity and more reliable as compared to the copper cable and radio systems.
Q. What is the extent of PowerTel’s Network Coverage?
A. PowerTel’s Optic fibre network covers all areas from Chitungwiza, Harare, Norton Kadoma, Kwekwe, Gweru, Bulawayo and Plumtree. The network has also been developed within these cities and towns to cover the central business districts, industrial areas, office parks, industrial parks, shopping centres, and business parks. PowerTel services are also available in Chinhoyi, Karoi and Kariba. Plans are underway to extend the fibre backbone to other towns from Harare to Mutare, Chipinge, Masvingo, Chiredzi triangle and Beitbridge.
Q. What bandwidth or speeds are available on the PowerTel Network?
A. PowerTel’s Optic Fibre network provides a minimum of 64kps and multiples thereof up to 2Mbps. E1’s are provided and multiples thereof. The bandwidth is provided on various interfaces; i.e. Ethernet, V35, G703 etc.
Q. How do I get connected through PowerTel’s Optic fibre network?
Q. What is the monthly charge for the service I want?
A. Different bandwidth to different places attracts different charges. Click here to view our tariff table